View on Mt. Kilimanjaro, Tanzania last February.
Where are Kevin and Ruth now? Ottawa, Canada.

Where are Kevin and Ruth going next? Reuniting with Max in Germany on October 1st.

Friday, October 14, 2011

Hacienda Contreras (day 13)

Well the rain dogged us again on and off all day yesterday so we just hung out here. We did get patches of blue sky in the afternoon and we took advantage of that to go for a walk, but by evening it was raining again.

However this morning is starting off a little better. You can definitely see some blue sky up there, so lets hope for the best. The only thing you can change about the weather is your attitude towards it! Anyhow, today we are going into Mazamitla for sure!

A little blue sky...but it didn't last long.

Very cloudy...can't wait to see that big yellow thing in the's been a while!

The workers are laying the floor in the addition they are building here. No, that's not sunshine you see outside!

I was doing some research on places to overnight if we take route number two around Puerto Vallarta. That route choice is currently in first place, but not by a very wide margin. Anyhow, I came across this neat looking overnight spot...

It's 150 pesos ($11.70) per night for RV camping and that includes electric. I bet we can make a deal just for parking without electricity, and it looks like somewhere we could easily spend a few days. There are a lot of interesting choices in Mexico!


  1. the sun will come out tomorrow!!!..have a great weekend!!

  2. The storm has passed and all shall be good. That looks like a very nice camping area and reasonable with electric even better if you can make a deal without. Enjoy!

  3. The camp ground looks OK. Also looks like there's a trail that goes right around the lake. You'd get your exercise.

    ♪The sun will come out tomorrow!♪



  4. great looking place....the sun will shine for you I"m least its rain and not don't have to shovel the rain :) Be safe our friends ~hugs

  5. I wonder how large a unit can get in?

  6. That koa sounds wonderful. Can't wait to see some pictures.

  7. Sue and Doug...As I am writing this there is not a cloud in the sky. Just loving it!

    George and Suzie...You know us, we always try to get a deal.

    Bob...I think we could spend a week there with no problem. We'll let you know if there is a trail around the lake.

    Chuck and Anneke...We are sure it will. Suppose to be nice for at least the next five days.

    Elaine...We are so happy it isn't snow!!!! We'll take the rain over snow any day.

    Contessa...The Church book says nothing over 30'. There is a very steep road down to the lake.

    Levonne...The campground is called Koala. There used to be one or 2 KOA campgrounds in Mexico years and years ago but they have disappeared. The pictures will depend on our voting.

    Chris...We'll see. I am sure if our voting takes us in another direction, we will still make our way there at some point.

    Kevin and Ruth


We love hearing from you! Please take the time to leave a comment...