View on Mt. Kilimanjaro, Tanzania last February.
Where are Kevin and Ruth now? Ottawa, Canada.

Where are Kevin and Ruth going next? Reuniting with Max in Germany on October 1st.

Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Near Cranbrook

Wednesday November 7...9:00pm

When we woke up this morning, it was already 5 degrees outside. So after breakfast we decided it would be a good day for me to fix the furnace. The RV park we were at didn't mind if we did some repairs, plus the place where I bought the switch was
only a couple of blocks case I ran into problems. I figured it might take me about 3 hours if everything went smoothly. Getting the furnace out was not too bad...about 45 minutes to actually have it sitting on our table. But every single little screw had to be removed and the furnace had to be completely dismantled to change this little switch. It all came apart not too badly, but then it had to be put back together again! After taking a little lunch break, I was ready to fire it up again. Sure enough, it started the way it was supposed to! Were we ever relieved. The next step would have been to buy a $170 replacement circuit board. So far, so good...we have heat again!

Doing the furnace repair!

While I was working on the furnace, Ruth did some housecleaning and then took Whiskey for a walk around Fernie. She came upon one section of trail where they had put a sign up saying "Caution, do not enter. Dangerous animal ahead". She couldn't see anything, but decided it was best to turn around. Later, when we left Fernie, I thought I saw some kind of big horned sheep or something down the path, but it was too difficult to see for sure.

We've decided on another little detour...we're going to go up to Enderby B.C. a little north of Vernon to visit with my cousins. Have to be there by the afternoon of the 10th, so will need to do a bit more travelling the next few days. But hopefully we'll spend a couple of days there, and then a couple of days in Vernon before heading down to Osoyoos for a few days. In the meantime, we made it to Cranbrook today, but they have a bunch of signs all over town warning about parking overnight in areas where you're not supposed to, so we are camped out near the entrance of nearby Jim Smith Provincial Park. Tomorrow we should be near Castlegar, B.C. All of this depends on the weather staying reasonable.

Total Nights Sleeping in the RV... 25...

November Fuel $ 201.84

November Grocery $ 123.69

November Overnight Costs $ 88.38

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love hearing from you! Please take the time to leave a comment...