The last edition of Travel Photo Roulette was hosted by Richelle at Adventures Around Asia. The theme she picked was "Candid".
And we have a winner...you can read about it here...
And there were some great photos submitted during that round, but she chose ours as the winner!
Our winning entry of Kevin, feeding the ostriches some corn. Too funny.
So, because we won the last round of Travel Photo Roulette, we get to host the next round! And because we get to host the next round, we get to choose the theme of the next round.
Our regular readers know that when we travel, one of the first things we do is head for a local trail head to do some hiking. So, that's the theme of this edition of the contest...Hiking!
Here are some of our own hiking photos that you can use for inspiration...
The contest rotates through travel/photography blogs, so the winner of the previous round of Travel Photo Roulette hosts the subsequent round on their own blog. The new host then chooses the next theme (a generic keyword or phrase) and people submit their interpretations of the theme over the course of the week of the contest.
At the end of the week, the hosting blogger chooses their favourite photo from the submissions and displays it as the week’s winning entry. They then include direction to the new host for the next round. Readers can attempt to sway the author into picking a certain photo via comments, but the author can ignore comments as they see fit. The game is repeated with the winner hosting the following week’s game and choosing a phrase for new photo submissions.
Feel free to share this post on Facebook, Twitter, G+ and StumbleUpon so more people can join the contest – make sure to use the hashtag #PhotoRoulette
- One submission per blog, so sites that have 2+ authors only get one entry.
- Post processing is permitted, but photo altering (ie. using Photoshop) is not.
- Abstract submissions welcomed as long as it fits within the interpretation of the chosen phrase. Remember, the hosting blogger chooses the winner, so if they cannot understand the submission, you might not win!
- Please try and keep your images medium-sized and web-optimized.
- If you win, keep these in mind when choosing a new theme:
- Keep phrases general so that all bloggers can participate. Specific items like “Eiffel Tower” should be avoided but rather made open-ended like “monuments.” For variety, it is okay to say focused things such as “monuments at night” which most of us have pictures of. Phrases can be generic ‘signs’, or abstract ‘religion’
- Abstract thoughts are appreciated, but keep it within the realm that all readers will understand. No “Kafka-esque”, or “Overlooking Creation”. Use something that is able to be interpreted by all
- After 1 year, phrases can be reused, however new photos must be submitted.
- No obscene pictures or phrases allowed. Suggestive phrases and photography can be accepted, but please keep it within reason.
- Keep the ideas and photos fresh!
- Pictures from your entire portfolio are fair to submit. You do not have to take the photo within the week of the contest period to submit it.
- Most importantly, all photographs must be your own.
- One last rule, since this is a competition for travel and photography bloggers, you must have a travel/photography blog to enter. Sorry!