Somewhere on the road in Durango, Mexico.
Where are Kevin and Ruth right now? Durango City, Durango, Mexico.

Where are they going next? Mexiquillo Natural Park, Durango, Mexico.

Sunday, May 12, 2019

Just an update

Ruth didn't have a great morning yesterday, but by noon your well wishes were starting to make a difference. And it helped that the medication was kicking in too! The doctor had said that it would take 24 hours or so for the antibiotics to start to take effect, and about a week to totally get better.

While Ruth stayed home to recuperate, I went out to the park to see how I could help out.


We were both planning to go out and volunteer to help with spring clean up, but of course Ruth is under the weather. And, I forgot to bring the camera!

A herd of pronghorn.
The phone takes nice landscape photos, but it doesn't zoom in at all like the camera can.

I got to the park and of course the first thing I noticed was the super low water level. We only had one start to the year when the water was this low, and actually I think this is lower than what we had that one year. It's going to be tough to get the pump working from that far away, but we're going to try today!

No water!

The water that fills Lake Diefenbaker comes from the Rocky Mountains west of Calgary and it doesn't start coming this way until mid-June. There's going to have to be a lot of it to fill the lake up this year.

I ended up putting in a few hours cleaning up some logs from some trees that had been cut down last fall. I needed the exercise and it felt good doing it.

By the time I got home around 5pm, Ruth was felling quite a bit better and this morning she is even talking about going out for a walk. So that's good!

I'm heading back out to the park to do some more work and help try and get the water pumping. It's supposed to be a beautiful day with highs around 24C (75F).

And, we have a double celebration today. Happy Mother's Day to all you wonderful mom's out there, and Happy 35th wedding anniversary to us!

35 years ago today!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HOT DEAL. Pantene Pro V Moisture Renewal Shampoo and Conditioner Kit. On sale, plus there is a 40% off coupon showing on the product page. Time to stock up.

And in Canada...

Seattle's Best Coffee is on deal of the day!



16 comments:

  1. Whoot, whoot!!! Glad Ruth is feeling better! Happy Momma's Day Ruth and Happy Anniversary to you both!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Nancy! I am working on it by still have a way to go.

      Delete
  2. What a cute wedding picture! And still blissfully in Love!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It is one of our favourite wedding pics, at least out of the ones that have been scanned. Yes, still very much in love. :-)

      Delete
  3. Happy Mother's Day Ruth and Happy Anniversary!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great that Ruth is Feeling much better and hope she recover quickly. Happy mother's Day and Anniversary.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wouldn't say much better but I am working on it. Thank you!

      Delete
  5. Happy Anniversary you two! And happy Mother's day and speedy recovery to Ruth!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your cover photo of pronghorns. Happy mothers day to Ruth and happy anniversary to both.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey guys, my daughter Roz is helping me to write comments on your blog. Hope it works!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Looks like it worked! I hope it keeps on working for you Connie. :-)

      Delete
  8. Happy Anniversary ! Thanks for sharing the lovely wedding photo! Wow!!
    Look forward to next big adventure from down under! Glad that Ruth will be feeling better by then! Thanks for sharing your gift of adventure in a way that motivates people to believe that they can make an adventure too!!
    Warmly, Beth Montana

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much Beth!

      We are looking forward to our trip down under as well but it is possible that we may have to delay it by a bit. I am still not sure that I will be up for that long flight or not. I am feeling somewhat better but I am still having problems with a headache that just doesn't want to go away and I woke up with a bit of a fever again this morning. We will have to make the decision either today or early tomorrow on whether we will have to cancel the flight and then rebook it when I am well enough to do that long flight. :-(

      Delete

We love hearing from you! Please take the time to leave a comment...