View towards the Sierra Madre Occidental mountain range near Mexiquillo Natural Park, Durango, Mexico.
Where are Kevin and Ruth right now? Mexiquillo Natural Park, Durango, Mexico.

Where are they going next? Mazatlan, Sinaloa, Mexico.

Monday, May 13, 2019

Back to the pharmacist

Well, Ruth felt quite a bit better yesterday, but she was complaining of a debilitating headache that just wouldn't let up. We finally decided that it was one of the side effect of the antibiotic Trimethoprin that she had been prescribed.

But we really didn't want to go back to the emergency room at the hospital. And since the Trimethoprin had been available at the pharmacist without a prescription and he had said there were other substitutes available we decided to drive back into the city and get something different.

And that's exactly what happened. This morning, the headache seems to have almost disappeared, so hopefully this new stuff doesn't cause any side effects.

On the way back, she felt well enough to stop in at the park and see how things are going.

Just a tree.

Hay bale in a pond.

Canada goose nesting on the hay bale.

Scenery near the park.

Looking towards Lake Diefenbaker.

As I said the other day, the lake water level is super low. This makes it a challenging job to hook up the washrooms and the lawn sprinklers because they are all run with water pumped from the lake.

I paced it off and we needed 125 yards of 2" tubing to run down to the shore.



But, we got it done and by the time Ruth and I got back from going into town they had the water running.

This area won't begin to fill up until mid June.


The lake fills up with runoff from the Rocky Mountains west of Calgary and the snow up in the mountains takes a while to melt and make it's way this far. They are forecasting low water levels this summer unless they get lots of rain in southern Alberta that can help fill up the South Saskatchewan River. All they can do is keep their fingers crossed for a decent boating season here at the park.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Not a bad deal on a Countertop Ice Maker Machine.

And in Canada...



10 comments:

  1. Glad to hear that Ruth is feeling better. Traveling not on top of your game is stressful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm still trying to work on this whole getting better thing. It is not going as smoothly as I had hoped that it would. The next day or so will be the telling factor as to what we will are going to have to do about our trip.

      Delete
  2. So dry there. Dry here too, several forest fires sprouted up this weekend. One here on the island and a couple in the interior. Kind of scary. Praying for rain now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Kevin's cousin up in northern British Columbia already showed us a picture of a fire that had started in their neck of the woods once again. Sure hope people get the rain they need. And then you get Ontario where is just doesn't seem to want to stop raining. :-(

      Delete
  3. Glad to hear Ruth is feeling better. I just love those rolling hills.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Better than I was but still not up to par, I am getting very frustrated. Yes, the rolling hills are beautiful out here.

      Delete
  4. Glad to hear Ruth is doing better. We stock up on some antibiotics in Mexico just in case. Much easier than dealing with the US doctors and pharmacies.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had meant to stock up on some and for some reason I totally forgot to do it because it is so very rare that I or Kevin ever need them. Definitely much easier to get down there and much cheaper.

      Delete
  5. Just caught up with reading the last three blogs...yikes! That’s really an unfortunate setback with the kidney infection Ruth. I pray and hope you will continue to recuperate and be well enough to travel on the 16th. Take care!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it is an unfortunate setback but we just have to deal with it. Right now we are trying to make the decision to cancel the flight or not and then rebook when I am feeling better, but of course then the price of the flight is going to much higher than the fantastic deal we got on the tickets to start with. We will have to make the decision either today or early tomorrow though. :-(

      Delete

We love hearing from you! Please take the time to leave a comment...