Sometime over the next month or so, we will need to decide if we are coming back to Kingston next year.
We hate to try and plan things that much in advance, but we have a few things to consider. Our first thought is of our daughter and son in law, and our future grandchild due to be born towards the end of March 2011. They are in Nova Scotia, and we would like to be there around the birth. This leads to the possibility of spending the entire summer in Nova Scotia, and being closer to them. We think it would be easy to find jobs that would keep us going for the summer, and allow us to head south again the following winter.
If we do that, I will need to give notice to the blood driving contract that they will need a replacement for around the time we head out of here for Mexico. That could be as soon as only 60 days away.
The other choice is to return here to Kingston next year. We could easily spend a few weeks out in Nova Scotia at the end of March and early April for the big event, and then return there several times throughout 2011. I am enjoying working here at the RV place, and I know that there is monetary incentive to return next year. And provided that we can hire a competent driver to do the run over the winter, we would be able to keep the blood driving contract so that we could continue that next spring as well.
Ultimately, it would be quite a bit more profitable for us to come back to Kingston.
We will do some pondering on this over the next few weeks...