When I got home from work at just before 5pm today, I spent an hour and a half trying to figure out where to install the inverter. I felt like I worked at it for a long time, and didn't get anything accomplished.
The problem is that I am trying to do it so that there will not be any wires out in the open. But the batteries are on one side of Sherman, and the electrical system is on the other side. The inverter needs to be installed out of the elements, and cannot be in the same compartment as the batteries.
I have heavy duty cables for the inverter that are 6 feet long, so the inverter can be installed within 6 feet of the batteries. But then either the 6 foot cables or the 120v wiring needs to go under the floor. And the floor in that section is ducted for the heating system, so I have to be careful where I drill holes.
I am leaning towards installing it on the floor in the cabinet under the kitchen sink. But the area where I can drill the hole in the floor is fairly tight. I must have crawled under the motorhome about 6 different times trying to figure this out and I still feel like I'm unsure.
Going to have to ponder this a little more, I think.
On another note, Ruth has been busy posting some of our old tripjournal writings to this blog. If you check the archives on the right side, you can now go back to June of 2008 to see what we were up to then.